Asian pasta salad is instead a great combination of buckwheat noodles, slaw, lots of veggies, and ginger. Yum. So if you want to make your mom something special for dinner tonight, I'd definitely suggest this meal!
Asian Pasta Slaw Salad
6 ounces buckwheat noodles, broken in half
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 red onion, vertically cut in thin strips
1/2 red pepper, vertically cut in thin strips
6 mushrooms, chopped
1 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
6 cups shredded red cabbage, or Trader Joe's broccoli slaw
1/2 pound shrimp
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles cook, heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan. Add onion, red pepper, and mushrooms. Cook 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Add in shrimp and cook until done.
- Combine soy sauce and next three ingredients in a bowl, and whisk together until combined.
- Add sauce mixture, slaw, and carrots to shrimp mixture. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add shrimp mixture to drained pasta and toss to coat. Top with green onions and serve.