Thursday, December 8, 2011

Why BeEmbraced? Part I

Today is a beautiful, winter day - sunny, blue skies, and just chilly enough to feel like Christmastime. It's usually easy to allow days like this to embrace me.

But what about those days, which are inevitably approaching, of gray, rainy, and dreary skies? My natural reaction is to want to pull the covers over my head and go back to sleep... or as my husband knows, put my eye mask back on and roll over.

Instead, my challenge to others and myself is to be grateful for each day, allowing the goodness and grace to wrap around you. BeEmbraced. Not that I'm ignoring or neglecting the justice and mercy still needed in our broken world. But my hope is that my posts inspire you to be embraced:

To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour.
          -William Blake, "To see a world in a grain of sand"



No comments:

Post a Comment