Now onto what to serve... Want a tasty, healthy, yet hearty meal after Thanksgiving week? I have just the recipe for you!
This lentil stew is so delicious while being filling and healthy. It's also quick and easy to make.
Spicy Lentil Stew, inspired by Tasty Kitchen
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound chorizo sausage
2 jalapenos, chopped
1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 cup dried lentils
2 cups chicken stock
Ground black pepper, to taste
6 cups fresh chopped kale
Mexican blend cheese, for topping
- In a big pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in garlic and onions, letting caramelize for 10 minutes. Add the chorizo, stirring constantly until it browns and is almost done, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the jalapenos, beans, tomatoes, lentils, chicken stock, and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Bring to a boil; then reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until lentils are soft.
- Add in the kale, and let simmer for 5 minutes or until kale wilts.
- Serve with cheese, if desired.