Friday, November 2, 2012

Orlando Trip in Pictures

John's and my time in Orlando this past week was a work/fun combo trip. Work because John had an event on Halloween to oversee and that required prepping part of Monday and most of Tuesday. I also took the opportunity to meet with my marketing and website contacts that are helping me develop my company. And fun (obviously) because we got to spend time with both sides of our families!

Here's the recap of the weekend in pictures:

Friday: Arrived in the evening and had dinner with John's family.

Saturday: Universal and Islands of Adventure... Including (my favorite!) Wizarding World of Harry Potter and the new Rip Rocket Roller Coaster!

Hogwarts!
From a previous Islands of Adventure trip... it wasn't this warm outside this time!

That evening, the Shack's had a big group over for dinner, and it was so fun to catch up with everyone.

Sunday: Shopping with my mom... no pictures, just soon-to-be Christmas gifts!

Monday: Half day of work then enjoying the beautiful weather, especially since last time I was in Orlando it was rainy and muggy. John and I spent most of the day with my parents.
Rainy view of my parents' backyard on the last trip to FL
Beautiful, sunny, and crisp weather this time!














Tuesday: Another work day, and then I took a break for lunch to meet one of my lifelong best friends for lunch. Her lunch hour flew by because we were having such a good time reconnecting.
Alex and I after lunch
That afternoon I squeezed in a quick workout before the Shack's and Wells had dinner together.

This leopard print carpet at my parents' house makes for a fun at-home workout!

Wednesday: John had his event at Arnold and Winnie Palmer hospitals, so I got a haircut and worked a little more. That evening, my sister-in-law Emma celebrated Halloween with us. We roasted marshmallows in the fire pit and watched some Seinfeld episodes... a perfect way to end our trip!



Thursday: We returned home and arrived to a 55 degree house... apparently Atlanta got a lot colder than Orlando did! We didn't know the heat wasn't set up when we moved in, so while we waited for someone to come fix it, I made vegetarian chili and my pumpkin muffins for us to warm up with for dinner!

Vegetarian chili

No comments:

Post a Comment